The road ahead Monday, June 1, 2009

Here we are in June...o Spring, why have you forsaken me? Eh, I digress and instead choose to tell you what's going on with me right now. In other words, "Dan what are you up to?"

Well first off, I started my new job today. It's not really a new job per se, but I am no longer a student worker and I get to work 30 hours a week! I work part time for the RTS Virtual campus doing course development. What this means is that I spend that time listening to course lectures and developing the course outlines, etc. to be used in the distance ed versions of those classes. I love this work and consider it a joy to minister to students all around the world in this way. Plus, I get to work with really cool people and I can do it from the comfort of my own home.

My pastor is going on sabbatical this summer and I'll be preaching for six weeks. I'm still praying about what my series will be but will surely be busy with all the sermon prep. Haven't preached this many times so close together before...should be fun!

I'm also working on my first "book"! Okay, it's not really a book - but it is a Bible study for small groups. It's on Habakkuk and I am really enjoying all the preliminary work that I have been doing. I'm reading background stuff in commentaries, perusing some books, and of course translating the Hebrew and LXX texts as well. I can't let myself get too rusty on those Greek and Hebrew skills.

Probably the most important thing I am doing this summer is preparing to be a father in August. I have a lot of praying to do...but I can't tell you how excited I am for this awesome blessing!

Until next time...

0 comments: