People get ready Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tomorrow is just another day...but it is a significant day for me. Tomorrow marks five weeks until the due date of our expected baby. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by and now I'm that much closer to being a daddy.


Let me just say that I am deeply in love with my wife, Megan. She is not only my best friend but she is one of God's greatest and most precious gifts to me. Walking alongside of her on this pilgrim's path to glory has been blessed, humbling, and full of joy. I am so thankful for her and so excited to enter this new phase of life as a parent with her. We've waited quite a while for this and now God is bringing to reality what we have so longed and hoped for! We're not sure if we're having a boy or a girl - and it's fun to sit around guessing which it will be - but one thing is certain, Caleb Daniel or Abigail Kathryn (aka Abby Kate) will be dearly and deeply loved by us.

I've had a good time with the preparations. I've been to classes. I've read some articles and books - some good, others laughable. I've organized and made room to store stuff. I've even pre-washed all the cloth diapers (yep...you read that right...that's fodder for another post, though). But I've also been preparing my heart. Sometimes I wonder how I'll ever be able to do it and then I'm reminded: I can't! At least not on my own. So, I ask God for his help. I seek him in his Word and I pray that he makes me a fraction of the Father that he is to his children.

So far things are calm. That might change as the day draws nearer. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: